[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster Quote

Joe Perkel josephperkel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 10:23:34 EDT 2013

This early interest of mine in thrusters has to do with sizing of the vehicle; I need to know what is available to me in order to make decision points before I spend the next few hundred hours on a CAD model. Below is a quote I received for an electric thruster 60 - 70 lbs @ 110 - 300vdc, and a hydraulic one 70 lbs @ 2000 psi and 2 gal/min flow rate. It would be rude of me to identify the company, this was my quote, and someone else's may be different.

Hydraulic Motor only .16 cu in displacement at 2,420.00 each.

Hydraulic Thruster complete with the above motor at 5,170.00 each.
Thruster complete less motor at USD 2750.00 each.   This include the duct, prop, hardware etc..  Everything less the motor.  An electric or hydraulic motor can be installed onto it.

Electric Thrusters range from 9,000.00 to 11,000.00 depending on the voltage requirements, feedback requirements, etc…  I would need more info from you in able to recommend a particular electric thruster to you.  The prices do not include controllers.  Many of our customers use their own or we can recommend one to you.

This confirms for me that I am solidly entrenched in the homebuilt thruster design business.

Joe