[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alan alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 01:45:01 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,
The struts from the kort nozzle to the sleeve that the motor fits in were made of
balsa wood & covered with fibreglass. A bit time consuming trying to get a good
finish. If I were making these again I think I would cast the kort nozzle out of aluminium
using a lost foam method. ie. make several polystyrene nozzles on a lathe or CNC
machine. Embed them in sand & cast into them.  There are plenty of videos on this.
Then CNC the struts & use the nearest standard aluminium pipe for the motor sleeve,
& weld it all together.
I think this method would lend itself to CAD construction.
I have made a number of moulds in the past, but not for aluminium.