[PSUBS-MAILIST] prop size

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 5 08:43:57 EDT 2013

Hi Greg,
thanks' for the input.  Reducing the shaft speed is not the only goal, but a very attractive benefit.  I hadn't considered the extra entanglement threat.  There is the cool factor, are we allowed to include that?  :-)   I need to replace my motor and I am missing the key mounting brackets.  I have a new motor with a gear reduction on it.  It seems like a good time to make the change if it makes sense.  I will loose about 5% with gearing and one bearing.  I just wonder if I will gain 5% with the larger prop.  If it were even, there is still the shaft speed to consider.