[PSUBS-MAILIST] Compensation with mineral oil or Marvel

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Fri Sep 6 08:57:10 EDT 2013

Scott,

Marvel Mystery oil is 74% mineral oil, 25% stoddard solvent,  and 1%lard.
All the mineral oil I've found in drugstores contains  fragrance.  If you
want pure mineral oil you can buy it by the gallon  for about $15 at farm
supply or veterinary supply stores.

Alec has the most simple system I've seen for oil compensated  motors.
When I saw it I discarded all my other designs  The last  I heard he was using
MMO because of its lower viscosity instead of mineral  oil. I question how
long a rubber bladder will hold up with pure  mineral oil.

Jim

In a message dated 9/6/2013 7:03:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,