[PSUBS-MAILIST] Veiwport sealing

Hugh Fulton hc.fulton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 19:25:50 EDT 2013

Thanks Greg,  Sleeping better.  Hugh

From: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
On Behalf Of greg cottrell
Sent: Tuesday, 17 September 2013 1:54 a.m.
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Veiwport sealing

Hi Hugh,

No worries-you did it the right way. There are definately advantages to
using a gasket, especially on smaller ports where you don't have to worry
about overpressure causing a blow like you might have with a big dome. If
you have a strong enough method of retaining the dome then that should not
be a problem anyway. Obviously, we are talking about domes with a square
edge ( not a conical seat).

Glueing it in is just a low tech method- but hey- back in the 80s there was
no psubs website for all this great info- I was just "wingin it". I probably
just asked George if he would glue it or use a gasket and he said "Glue it"!
George never did like o-rings....

Greg