[PSUBS-MAILIST] O-rings

Dan H. jumachine at comcast.net
Wed Sep 18 19:03:33 EDT 2013

John,

Are you sure you really want an O-ring with a one inch cross section??????????
You'd need to machine a groove just under an inch deep and an inch in across to accept it.  If your hatch cover is what the print calls for, it's not think enough for a groove of that size.

The .275 cross section is plenty.  The two mating surfaces being flat and mating with no gap is much more important then the O-ring cross section.

You should be fine with the O-ring called for.

Dan H.