[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pneumatic Rotary Actuators

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 4 18:10:19 EDT 2014

Alan,
you can rotate 180 degrees with a single air cylinder and a watts link.
No need for an actuator
Hank
On Friday, April 4, 2014 4:04:18 PM, Alan James <alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with either pneumatic
rack & pinion actuators, or rotary vane actuators, operating underwater.
I need to rotate something through 180 degrees & have it held with a bit
of clamping pressure at one end of the motion.
One concern is seawater getting in to the gearing of those items, & there reliability.
Another option, could be a normal pneumatic cylinder with an external
rack & pinion added. Am trying not to have to go to hydraulics.