[PSUBS-MAILIST] New submarine

Jon Wallace jon.wallace at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 10:28:00 EDT 2014

I was going to caution you about the price as well but it sounds like you already have the shop financed.  Keep in mind that Karl Stanley had numerous donations and did not self fund ALL the tools, material, and manpower necessary to build IDABEL.  When someone states "it cost me $X" that doesn't necessarily translate to what it will cost someone else.

Again, I think fabrication is only part of the financials you have to think about.  Over time I suspect regular use of the sub in the depths it is designed for is going to cost factors more than the cost of the vessel itself.

Jon