[PSUBS-MAILIST] New submarine

"Carsten Standfuß " MerlinSub at t-online.de
Wed Apr 9 14:05:00 EDT 2014

Scott Rhino is mostly a modeller for nices shapes and surfaces - not a
real CAD programm.
Rinoi is nice if you like to design something organic. Like the exterior
of a motoryacht.
For a submarine use a 2D or 3D Autocad, Megacad or simillar or Inventor
if you like to go 3D.
I am not sure if Rino can give figures like center of graphity, of
bouanvy, weights, areas and so on.

vbr Carsten

"Joe Perkel" <josephperkel at yahoo.com> schrieb:
Scott,

For CAD I must of course recommend what I use, Rhino3d with Flamingo NXT
renderer. I have not seen nicer renderings for marine designs than this
combination can produce.

As for inspiration, think "out of the box," look for it in odd places.
Bigger need not be necessarily better, but "inspired," "imaginative."

Joe

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad