[PSUBS-MAILIST] New submarine

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 9 18:42:18 EDT 2014

Jim,
Karl mentioned one time how old his dome is and if I recall it is over 20yrs old.
Hank
On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:30:37 PM, "swaters at waters-ks.com" <swaters at waters-ks.com> wrote:

Would anyone on psubs who knows how to use CAD run a pressure test on a simple 6' sphere with ASME 516 grade 70 steel, then again with HY-80? What are required wall thicknesses to meet crush depth of 5709 feet (2543 psi). If you have time maybe even a 48" cylinder with ribs.
On a lighter note, Alec and I have been talking about hard to find things that I can make for psub members with my plasma robot. I am going to attempt making a manipulator arm kit that will be inexpensive and very functionable for our subs. I'll post progress as it comes.

Thanks,
Scott Waters