[PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Fri Apr 11 09:59:26 EDT 2014

A huge amount of work was done on concrete for pressure-resisting
structures, including long term, deep exposure tests, by the US Naval
Civil Engineering Laboratory. Most of the reports are available for
downloading free of charge from DTIC.

Excellent results were achieved with concrete having NO reinforcement.
There has been limited work done with prestressed concrete and even less
done with reinforced concrete and ferrocement, which can reasonably be
expected to give much more efficient and distortion-tolerant structures.

Marc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog