[PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 12 20:43:04 EDT 2014

I would make a mould and pour the concrete.  We pump concrete into Styrofoam forms all the time and they are plumb full of re-bar.  The local batch plant and I experimented to find a perfect mix.  They deliver a 4in slump 35mpa mix with 3/8 aggregate and lots of flyash.  When the truck arrives we add plasticizer to make the mix into a 6in slump,and it flows like water and does not plug up the 2in line.  The plasticizer lasts for 20 min and does not weaken the mix like adding water would.  Building a sphere mold would be easy peezy.