[PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 12 21:11:06 EDT 2014

Sean,
All I have it the formula, and a test sample was sent away for testing by the batch plant.
On Sat, 4/12/14, Sean T. Stevenson <cast55 at telus.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Do you have the mechanical properties
 for that particular concrete?
 (elastic modulus, Poisson's ratio, density)?

 Sean

 On 2014-04-12 18:43, hank pronk wrote:
 > I would make a mould and pour the concrete.  We
 pump concrete into Styrofoam forms all the time and they are
 plumb full of re-bar.  The local batch plant and I
 experimented to find a perfect mix.  They deliver a 4in
 slump 35mpa mix with 3/8 aggregate and lots of flyash.
 When the truck arrives we add plasticizer to make the mix
 into a 6in slump,and it flows like water and does not plug
 up the 2in line.  The plasticizer lasts for 20 min and
 does not weaken the mix like adding water would.
 Building a sphere mold would be easy peezy.