[PSUBS-MAILIST] Question for the group

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 12 21:52:06 EDT 2014

Graham,
You didn't mention if you are mounting these tubes horizontal or vertical.  If they are vertical, disregard what I said.
On Sat, 4/12/14, Graham Bayliss <whitestar456 at manx.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Question for the group
 To: "'Personal Submersibles General Discussion'" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hi

 Has anyone experimented with a different variable ballast
 tank I am thinking
 of making a tube of gas pipe which is made of thick plastic
 inside I plan to
 fit a bellows air bag, this will be blown up by the air line
 which blows the
 water out of the steel ballast tank . One end of the tank
 will be fixed so
 as to hold the bellows in place the other end of the tank
 will be drilled
 with holes to allow the water to escape and the bellows to
 expand. The
 pressure will blow the air out of the bellows when the
 return vale is
 opened. This method also eliminates the fear of what the
 inside of the steel
 ballast tank is doing due to sea water corrosion.  Has
 anyone any views as
 to why this method will not work.

 The builder of Casper 11

 Graham Bayliss