[PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete

Jim Rudholm jimrudholm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:31:06 EDT 2014

Marc,
I wanted a catamaran for stability.  The design gave an easy layup of both
cross wires and plaster mesh. It was also easy to plaster as there were no
sharp corners. Thickness was about 5/8", I don't remember the weight.   I
had a book by Pier Luigi Nervi showing one of his folded roof designs for a
Turin Exhibition hall. There was also a landing craft built by the R. G.
LeTourneau Co. with the bottom segments of pipe welded into a corrugated
pattern. It did not need longitudinal framing or stringers, just transverse
bulkheads.
My barge did not have any frames, just light steel sheet 'C' section deck
beams on 16" centers for the plywood deck. I doubt the solid f-c bulwarks
were necessary. It was sold and was made into a houseboat for one of the
central California lakes.
JimR