[PSUBS-MAILIST] Failed Delivery

Personal Submersibles General Discussion personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 16 00:48:49 EDT 2014

To all YAHOO users
rewrites the headers so it can forward that mail to everyone on the list
including xyz at yahoo.com.  You will note in the past the "FROM:" address
would have the senders email address, in this example "xyz at yahoo.com"
when actually the email came from the psubs.org mailing list software.
This is normal for mailing lists but yahoo doesn't permit it anymore in
favor of reducing spam.  Yahoo now checks to see if mail "From:
xyz at yahoo.com" actually came from yahoo.com, and admits that this tactic
breaks a lot of existing mailing list practices.

I have temporarily changed the software to rewrite the FROM header as
personal_submersibles at psubs.org instead of the actual sender of the
email.  This is not ideal since it hides the original authors identity
and makes it virtually impossible for the receiver to identify who's in
the discussion unless they absolutely include their name in the body of
the message.  We'll use this method temporarily to get past the
immediate yahoo rejections that people are seeing but I think it's not
going to be something we want to keep implemented long term.  Those of
us with yahoo accounts may have to just move over to google.

Jon