[PSUBS-MAILIST] Potting Compound

Wed Apr 23 05:00:19 EDT 2014

Hi Steve\Brian,

Yes, i did end up using the RT310 epoxy.  I had a real pain initially.  I
didnt mix it properly and so i wasnt 100% sure it cured inside the thruster
penetrators.  So i heated it and broke it all out.  Then i conducted a load
of experiments with different types of epoxy and ended up using the RT310
anyway.

there was another called Eli Chems low viscosity epoxy that was also very
good.  I almost used that.  The only other thing i can say is that Resin
Tech were hopeless.  They were not really interested in sending such a
small amount.  Well, they were, it just took me ages of ringing and
badgering to get the product.  Eli chem were a lot better and the product
was in convenient ready to mix sachets.  The section on the experiments i
did starts here on my site.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/Extended_files/Page24592.htm  Just keep
pressing the "Next" button until you get to the results.  There are some
other things about lights and stuff in between.

The brass rods running through the penetrators are 4mm diameter.

Kind Regards
James F

On 23 April 2014 07:21, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <