[PSUBS-MAILIST] HDPE Sub hull…?

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 25 00:22:21 EDT 2014

Sorry, scratch that previous message...I used the wrong thickness (damn
metric numbers)...for 60mm thickness I get 102psi or 229 fsw max working
depth.  You'll need to find the exact properties of the material that
you purchase.  Even so, such pipe is likely not manufactured precisely
and is likely to have significantly less performance than the calculator
would suggest.  I can relate a real world example...Lea Nichols built
punched in PVC properties for a dive light and calculated failure
somewhere over 100 feet however in real use the light imploded in less
than 30 feet of water.

Jon