[PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine escape procedures

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 6 20:13:25 EDT 2014

A point of interest I found in the G.L. regulations is that they don't require a flood valve.
So no way of escaping at depth. You would just have to rely on help coming before your
4 days of life support ran out. If you followed the rules & had communication to a support boat
& an emergency beacon I guess this would be feasable, but I will be putting in a flood valve.
The other thought is that they won't be getting any insurance claims for flooded submarines
Alan