[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gamma test dive

Pete Niedermayr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 8 21:46:34 EDT 2014

Hank, How you stopping and hovering. Are you weighted to  neutral buoyancy?Are you riding the bubble? Doesn't Gamma use forward motion and a dive plain for depth control?

Pete

On Fri, 8/8/14, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gamma test dive
 To: personal_submersibles at psubs.org
 Date: Friday, August 8, 2014, 7:45 PM

 Today I dove Gamma to 95 feet in
 Kimbasket Lake (bush Harbour)  the visibility was
 awful.
 Maybe 2 feet at best.  Big mystery though, when I dive
 to 95 feet, in a matter of 5 min the pressure inside drops
 by 500 feet.  The pressure stays right on perfect until
 I go deeper.  My theory, the water is glacier fed, very
 cold at depth causing the temp inside the sub to drop,
 creating negative pressure.  Could that be it?
 Vance, did that happen in the north sea?
 On a positive note, I can stop in the water Colum at any
 depth and hover.  I can surface and stop at ten feet
 and hover.