[PSUBS-MAILIST] launch cart

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 9 07:53:11 EDT 2014

My launch cart was not ideal yesterday.  We unloaded the sub at the top of the ramp, then rolled the cart down the ramp with the sub on it.  The distance of the roll was about 30 feet.  The cart did not travel straight and would veer off coarse.  I was very carful to have the wheels aligned for this when I built it but???  To load the sub, we had to push the cart into the water deep enough to load because the ramp in this lake is not steep enough and the cart not heavy enough to roll on its own, like it does in other lakes.  It was quite frustrating. I will keep the cart for super shallow launches and icy conditions.