[PSUBS-MAILIST] Progress report

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 16 10:34:34 EDT 2014

Hi Brian,

I really enjoyed that because its in every way so radically different to
any other design. I've always wondered how you would see anything, and that
the sphere end might make a better bow for that reason, so the most
interesting comment to me was that you intend to use go in one direction
when diving and the opposite direction on the surface or mid-water. I never
thought of that. My other big concern would be the free surface effect of
such long MBTs. Are they baffled or sub-divided? If not, I'm afraid I'd you
could have serious instability when MBTs are partially flooded, which is to
say when diving or surfacing the boat. The instability could also end up
putting the boat in a position such that the vents are no longer at the
highest spot of the MBTs.

Thanks,

Alec

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <