[PSUBS-MAILIST] U joint prop

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 8 20:58:27 EST 2014

Hi Brian,
>From my experience driving my dive club's (2t) boat with twin engines,
using them to steer is not very effective at all. And thinking about it, to
turn, the stern needs to have a sideways force on it, which is only very
marginal from a straight drive shaft, i.e. imagine holding even a small
boat at the stern in the water and and trying to pivot it around the stern.
Much harder than trying to push the stern sideways to turn it.

Cheers,
Steve
On 09/12/2014 8:25 AM, "Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles" <