[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Gamma's cart

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 13 20:32:14 EST 2014

Hank,

Perhaps you could set the cart's ballast tanks up like a miniature floating
dry dock on wheels.

http://products.damen.com/~/media/Products/Images/Clusters%20groups/Pontoons
%20and%20Barges/Barges/Non%20Ship%20Structure/Floating%20Dry%20Dock/Load%20O
ut%20Recovery%20Barge%2013000/gallery/Damen_Load_Out_Recovery_Barge_13000.as
hx?h=932&w=1600

The corner verticals should be high enough to house the engine and pumps
when the cart is submerged to its maximum depth to launch and recover Gama.
HURL uses something similar to launch and recover their Pisces IV in blue
water, however their platform submerges fully to get below the off shore
heave and surge.

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/subs/pisces/pisces-training-750.jpg

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.258070.1387304384!/image/image.jpg_gen/
derivatives/landscape_804/image.jpg