[PSUBS-MAILIST] Inertial navigation, 3-axis

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 13 23:11:59 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

As I understand it, the accuracy and cost of the INS sensors have continued
 to improve substantially.  The specs I see now compared to what I  was
seeing a couple of years ago seem to indicate that, however I've not  had any
direct experience with them.  The first challenge is then to  integrate it
into a display system.  If you've seen Cliff's display in the  R300, that's
the type I'm talking about although he doesn't have an INS, and  that display
doesn't have an easy download function.  It's my  understanding that a later
model does have capability for logging  and downloading to a thumb drive.

Alec, thanks for sharing your experience.  I think a couple of other  guys
have researched INS in the past.

Steve M., this might be a great topic for a tech session at our next
convention by someone with an electronics background.  I'm somewhat lacking  in
that department.

Cheers,
Jim T.

In a message dated 12/13/2014 7:31:59 A.M. Central Standard Time,