[PSUBS-MAILIST] well pump motor

Marc de Piolenc via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 27 21:24:06 EST 2014

What a fascinating idea. With the right nozzle design, it might even be
possible to use the original pump rotor.

Two concerns: saltwater corrosion (they're presumably built for service
in fresh water) and power supply. I know inverters are getting cheaper,
but I don't know how sensitive these motors are to waveform.

Marc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog