[PSUBS-MAILIST] model testing

Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 29 14:43:11 EST 2014

Hank,
      I would say no.  It would have to be so exact that it would be virtually impossible to extrapolate from the small model, and aside from that I think there are other engineering principles involved that would come into play , Sean would be the person to ask !   I know that it is done in wave tanks and wind tunnels, but in those you are looking at laminar flow and such things, not structural strength so much.  You might be able to get a rough idea of how it would start to collapse maybe.  The larger the model the better I would think.

Brian