[PSUBS-MAILIST] model testing

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 30 17:23:00 EST 2014

FEA (Finite Element Analysis)  is a comon way.
We did it that way on Euronaut, Sgt.Peppers and the Eurosub class boats.

But if you have not a friend familary with this - maybe expensive.
Ask students of a technical university..

This link shows a detail of the diver exit hatch.
http://www.euronaut.org/content/gfx/technic/3.jpg

Attachment is from Sgt.Peppers after installing the top hatch and before
the chamber pressure test.
Conclusions was two more bars in the hatch.
Boat survife the pressure test - with installed bars.

vbr Carsten

"Alan James via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
schrieb:
Hank,
I know you have a phobia here, but you could model it in a computer
if you bought a few programs!
After one Canadian winter locked inside for months, you'd probably start

enjoying it.
Alan