[PSUBS-MAILIST] model testing

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 31 06:26:00 EST 2014

Brian,

we have each two cardridge in the exchange filters for the mask.
One is unse in case of fire against smoke or in case of battery clorine
or other gases.
And the other cardridge we customize to absorb CO2 in case main LSS
filter didnt work anymore.
They are military surplus from Finland and came brandnew for just some
bucks.

During building I have a fire in a bed madraze becuase of weölding close
by.
The smoke fill the compartmnet in seconds with no view anymore and
nearly unbreathable atmosphere.

But we have also a scuba automat lifeline system on 6 station on board
in case of fire or out of oxygen situation.
And mobile fire extingusher and a high fog mist fire fighting system in
each compartment.

Also Steinke Hoods, diver suits, diver scuba equipment, 1 liferaft, 1
inflate rubber boat,
3x 1ts drop weights, Emergency oxygen bottles for weeks, emergency CO2
filters (we double it - 4 in total)
Last but not least a first aid set from a car. And most inportant a
complet workshop in the engine room.
The diver exist room can be use as rescue chamber wit a mirror of all
systems for air, oxygen, filters on its own.

On the future plan are a complete set from a Ambulance car including
defilibrator, oxygen inhalator, medicine etc.
We get older and on real offshore operation we are maybe far awawy from
other ships and pepole and have to fix our problems ourself..

I have a book abouit emergency situations on civil submarine from
russia.
There major accident clear to identfy:
- Fire on board,
- boat catch on the bottom
- diving with open hatch or launching accident.

Deep charges or torpedos seems not an issue for privat submarines - so
we not have equipment to prevent that..
(I write this line so I can be sure that this email will be stored in a
mountain in Montana for ever..)

There are many old submariners and there are many brave submariners.
But there are not so much old and brave submariners..
(Okay I steal this from the pilots..)

vbr Carsten

"Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
schrieb:
Carsten,   What to you use the gas masks for?

Brian