[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alec Smyth alecsmyth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:06:42 EST 2014

Hmmm, you're right, this is a little different to what I did because,
without a winch, we just attached a rope and backed off to the side during
the test so the sub would not surface under us. I wonder if George stayed
directly over the sub in his tests, since I think he also used a winch on a
catamaran. Its a bit of a complication, but one option would be to make a
latching device such that, in the case of a failed test, the steel cable
could be sent down the rope and would latch on upon arrival at the sub. I
seem to recall something like that in Busby.

Best,

Alec