[PSUBS-MAILIST] deep test plan

James Frankland jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com
Mon Feb 10 11:01:50 EST 2014

Speaking of prattling, you guys are still prattling under the heading Great
White Mods. Gonna be hard for the historians to track this down in a
hundred years.
Vance

James,
What is your plan for your deep test?
Hank

AHA! new subject title!

Plan for the deep test is to take it out to sea and sink it down.  I'll rig
up some sort of lift bag arrangement to bring it up.  Ive got 60m of water
fairly close in, plus i can have a diver with it at that depth, so that
should be at least a start.  If thats ok, i plan to take it out to 150m of
water, which is quite a bit further out.  There is a boat here that is an
old navy landing craft (fought in the Falklands war) and has been fitted
with a hiab crane.  They use it for shipping stores to the smaller
islands.  Im hoping to use that for the big test.  I have to just ask the
bloke at the right moment...

James