[PSUBS-MAILIST] cold weather effect on ports

vbra676539 at aol.com vbra676539 at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 12:49:11 EST 2014

Did a thousand plus dives in the North Sea without issues. I was thinking about the difference between ice water and air, but your air temp will be like ours was in winter. Cold. I've had snow on the ballast tanks during pre-dive ops and then gone merrily to work with no  issues, so I'm thinking it won't make any difference in your case, either. Of course, we had o-rings and you've got gaskets. Don't know if that matters, though. The good news is you tested them all for depth plus, so they're already proof tested.

Earlier, I was just throwing some ideas out, but Nuytco has done a LOT of under ice work over the years with no issues that I've heard of. Phil is in New Orleans this week for UI (wish I was, too) so don't know if he'll have time to chime in. He'd be the go-to guy for the engineering skinny on this.

Vance