[PSUBS-MAILIST] Non developable surfaces

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 15 21:00:09 EST 2014

Joe,
My mbt outside windows are 1in thick.  I have no idea if they need to be that thick,  I would not hesitate to bend them to fit the curve.  I have not bent 1in but I have bent 1/2in and it was a breeze.  My rule, buy two pieces because I am sure to screw up the first  try.
Hank

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:50:56 PM, Michael Holt <mholt at ohiohills.com> wrote:

On 2/15/2014 8:41 PM, Joe Perkel wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Those canopies of course, are made by industry with industrial capital and support. I was thinking more of a homegrown method.
>
> Is it then possible to heat a flat sheet in a conventional oven to x degrees for x time, then form over a plug or mould, that kind of thing.

The Markham submarine had instructions for blowing a bubble canopy.   I
don't have a digital copy of those pages of the instructions.  Someone
else might have it ... I think someone sent me a copy a few years ago,
but I can't find that right now.

---