[PSUBS-MAILIST] first dive

vbra676539 at aol.com vbra676539 at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 15:36:40 EST 2014

Just tie it to something stout. Back in the day, Perry built a tethered sub called Opsub for Ocean Systems with a 2000' tether and a diesel generator for power. They were testing the sub right behind the shop in Riviera Beach. Power was 4 X 10hp Franklin AC motors, which put out a bunch, and I mean a bunch of thrust. Enough to drag the generator right off into the water, in fact, which must have been mighty exciting there for a minute. Not your problem with Gamma's new motor, but still...something to keep in mind. The Opsub thing happened before my time, but the guys who taught me were there, and they didn't take that stuff lightly. You gotta laugh.
Vance