[PSUBS-MAILIST] first dive

vbra676539 at aol.com vbra676539 at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 09:25:41 EST 2014

That's a great idea, Hank. I've been fretting about launching my K-350, which draws four feet or so. Florida ramps allow maybe that much depending on the tide, but often they are too short to allow more than three feet.

I watched the Great White vids and noticed that they have developed ramps that attach to the back of the trailer (like a pair of narrow motorcycle ramps) and that the sub has wheels mounted underneath. I was thinking about something like that, but might be better off building a very low profile shop cart that the sub could live on in the garage, and would double as a launch cart at the ramp.

Cool. I hadn't thought about two pieces to a launch, and I'm betting I can solve my problem the same way you are solving yours. Rotten luck you didn't get to play, but at least you've got some ideas working on how to solve the problem, and some experience hauling the sub around. Bet you got some interested looks on the highway!

Vance