[PSUBS-MAILIST] Summersville Lake dives in May

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 27 13:24:58 EST 2014

Alec,
You lucky dogs, that is the ultimate, to dive with two subs.  I am jealous.
Hank

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:19:05 AM, Alec Smyth <alecsmyth at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Scott Waters and I are planning to dive our subs in Summersville Lake, WV, on May 19th and 20th. We plan to drive on the 18th to have two full days onsite. I realize the dive days are a Monday and Tuesday, which may be relatively inconvenient for some, but on the other hand a lake with very few jet skis or boats on it is both more enjoyable and safer.

This is not a "PSUBS convention", we're not organizing presentations or accommodation, or charging for the use of any facilities. It's just an open invite to those on the list who may be inclined to join us, whether with additional subs or as crew, and by making independent logistical arrangements. I'm sending this out early so folks can pencil it in, and then a month or so before the day we can get a bit more specific with plans.

Info on the lake: http://www.sarges.net/summersv.htm

An earlier Snoopy video shot at Summersville: http://vimeo.com/18184179

The main attraction is visibility and the underwater terrain, which features things like walls and arches. The video was shot when Snoopy was pending a depth test, so I kept to 50 feet, and it was a day of below-average visibility. Yet even so it was still the nicest lake I've visited so far. BTW there are nice sand beaches if you bring along non-submariners.

Best,