[PSUBS-MAILIST] conical transitions

Hugh Fulton hc.fulton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:45:24 EST 2014

Hi All,

I have been through that problem and you have to have a good sized stiffener
there of some sort.  I could not afford the room as an intrusion of internal
space.

This is the solution and the angle of the additional reinforcing cone is
22.5 degrees being half the 45 degrees of the cone.  This survived an FEA
analysis.  The end of the cone is where my window was attached.

This was a 48" shell  .  Regards,  Hugh