[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. rules Arrangement for Diving/Ballasting, Control/Compensating & Trimming

Alan alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 04:20:37 EST 2014

Hi jim,
here's a G.L. quote. "Normally compensating tanks are to be provided for a fine
adjustment of the wanted depth and for balancing of changes of buoyancy
because of consumption of provisions & supplies during the underwater voyage,
changes of the density of seawater, taking on or taking off of payloads as well
as effects of buoyancy/loss of buoyancy."
   This section covers hard & soft tanks, internal & external, & calls them all
compensating tanks.