[PSUBS-MAILIST] Compass Choice

David Colombo seaquestor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:10:49 EST 2014

Hi Jim, when we were at the convention, I had downloaded Nav charts and
installed them onto a program I have on my nexus tablet which has a GPS
system. I was able to not only able to navigate around the shallow coral
heads on our way to conch reef, I was able to set way points and see lat
long positions and speed. The other software provides compass headings. Not
sure if that program is using GPS and inertial sensors. Most likely though.