[PSUBS-MAILIST] Bussman fuse for K boat

bobtravis at comcast.net bobtravis at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 13:05:43 EST 2014

PSUB Group,

I have a few questions about the electrical plans for the K boat.  The plans call for a number of Bussman fuses like the " Bussman fusetron FRN-R 50 AMPS".  I have found these fuses at the local hardware store.  In talking with the electrical guy there, he indicated that these fuses were rated for a 120V AC application and not for a 36 V DC system (which makes sense to me but I know very little about anything electrical).  So I went to an electrical warehouse for some advise.  I received a bunch of blank looks and a "sorry, we can't help you with any fuses for your application".   I did some searches through the archives on the PSUB website and found some very interesting discussions about electrical systems, but nothing about the fuses that were used with the K Boats.  Can anyone direct me to where I might find some of this info?  Will the Bussman fuse work for this application?  And if not, what would be an alternative?

Thanks for your help!

Bob