[PSUBS-MAILIST] I am not a dork

Land N Sea landnsea1 at hawaiiantel.net
Thu Jan 23 14:27:10 EST 2014

I am planning on fabricating my own manipulator for my K-350 that will be hydraulic and was wondering if anybody that had experience using one on a boat that size would be able to let me know about how much an arm would be able to pick fully extended and if a VBT up forward was mandatory to keep the trim.
I am planning on making the manipulator out of two sections, each about 2’ long giving me a 4’ reach fully extended which will get me out just past my forward MBT.
I realize that the lifting capacity is based on a number of things like the rated capacity of the rams and where they are attached to the arms so if you know that as well that would be great. It’s freezing here on the big Island! I woke up to a chilling 54 degrees and had to put on a sweat shirt just to walk up to my shop.

Rick