[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulators

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 24 17:31:55 EST 2014

Dan,
My valve is a 6 bank double acting 24v solenoid valve.  The valve started it's life as a standard valve, then the solenoids were encased in a bolt on box then oil filled and pressure compensated with a bladder(hose)  I also made a hose cutter so I can jettison the arm.   I once built an arm that ran off convertible top hyd pumps.  You can use one pump per function and it is a pump/valve all in one.  They cost about 150 bucks on ebay and come with the cylinders.  That is the way to go in my opinion.  you buy four pumps and your done, the pumps just run in reverse for opposite oil flow,,,very simple.  Oh ya I tested one and it gave me 1,200psi
Hank