[PSUBS-MAILIST] sub on ebay

Douglas Suhr spiritofcalypso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:57:08 EST 2014

Hank, are you referring to the IVC ResortSub that is currently listed? The
only other diving vessel that I found was that old Russian bell that has
been listed for ages. I find it kind of funny on the ResortSub listing that
someone asked the seller how deep the sub will go and he responded by
talking about trimix diving and something like 600 feet. Then he says that
with Scuba he would only go to 200 feet. What happened to the universally
accepted 130 foot depth limit for breathing regular air to prevent getting
narced? By using such quantities of gas for ballast tanks, buoyancy
compensation and breathing air, I don't feel the vessel carries a large
enough volume of air to make a dive even to 200 feet, let alone 600 feet on
trimix. And what about decomp time? No way a SportSub/ResortSub would make
it without surface supply lines. 130 feet is a theoretical maximum safe
dive depth for short intervals, but you will never see my SportSub in more
than 80 feet of water, period.

Either this guy is clueless or he really wants to sell his submarine and my
guess is the latter. I hate to see someone being taken advantage of,
whether it's a buyer or a seller.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Hank, good looking out. - Douglas
S.