[PSUBS-MAILIST] O2 regulator

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 17 16:04:35 EDT 2014

If you think of the filter as a cylinder, for an axial flow filter, the flow of the air through the filter is along the axis of the cylinder.  Flow comes in one end and out the other.  For radial flow filter, the flow radiates out perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder and there is a hollow inner space.  The inlet or exit is connected to this inner space.

See picture
http://www.kleenwater.com/page.html?id=31

Weak fans are a problem for scrubbers from my experience.  One other point, I found that box style blower was better than axial fan as then push less flow but can generate higher head which is needed to push the air through the absorbent.

Cliff