[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota 101 - thread spec

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 21 08:34:33 EDT 2014

Hi James,

I agree it can be a bit of a pain getting the last bit of air out. What I
do is cut off the inside of the plastic pipe nipple so it barely protrudes
inside the can. Also, I've got an idea for the next version... its using a
little bellows bottle instead of the wrap-around, which would have a lot
more volume flexibility. My problem is how best to connect the bottle to
the motor, I'm still playing around and haven't come up with a specific
arrangement. Suggestions are welcome!

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/shop-accessories-supplies/liquid-squeeze-bottles/bellows-style-oiler-3-pak-sku084000164-20419-44730.aspx

That said, I've used the existing method for years and years without
incident, and the last dive was to 220 feet with no leakage whatsoever in
any of the three motors. I think over-pressuring would be fine if the shaft
seals could take pressure in either direction, but these have lip seals so
it would be tend to blow them out.

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM, James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <