[PSUBS-MAILIST] trackdrive

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 24 17:10:21 EDT 2014

Cliff,
the sled idea might be messy, as you would need to transfer to the sled in
relatively shallow water & transition from a buoyant state to a neutral state
on to the platform with wave motion throwing you about. Even if it was dead
calm launching, you couldn't rely on it being that way when you came up.
It could be dangerous for the support person manoeuvring the sub on to
the platform.
To me launching the R500 is going to be a big issue. I found I couldn't launch
my little 360 kg sub in a local lake & have to travel 3 & 1/2 hrs to get into
some fresh water diving.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad