[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota 101 - thread spec

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 26 18:46:24 EDT 2014

Hi Pete,
I went through all the usual steps to get a magnetic coupler for Gamma.  The cost was in the 2K range for all the parts, two magnet assemblies and a barrier.  I went to my best resource, ebay, and found a brand new surplus hydraulic pump with a magnetic coupler.  Based on the pump specs, port sizes etc, I new the magnetic coupler was sufficient in size for Gamma.  I bought the pump complete for about 200 dollars, amazing!  It was a simple machining job to make it work with Gamma's existing set up.  Magnetic couplers are really a great set up.  Guess that is why Nuytco uses them.  It would be nice to make a kit to fit the minkota  motors.  A small pump conversion is all it would take. If the end cap were replaced in the kit, I am sure sufficient depths could be achieved with them.
Hank