[PSUBS-MAILIST] Air compensating thrusters

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 27 17:08:18 EDT 2014

All,

I was using 3 CSt. Viscisity silicone oil. Works but dissolves only silicone
parts. The stern thruster , which is used for surface cruising, is air
compensated. Works now fine . The plumping is done in a way that eventual
water in the thruster is expelled trough the 2nd stage while ascending.

Now using side thrusters(for 80 operating hours)  Rotoque hubless thrusters
which doesn't need compensation.

Regards, Emile van Essen

Ps. For the Euro subbers; I have 2 new Rhino VX80 ( 24 VDC 38 Kgf) in
surplus.

They are dismantled and already provided with 18"bsp thread for air /oil
compensation.

The can go for half new price . If someone interested, pleas contact
offlist.

  _____