[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK-101 Connectors

Clifford Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 27 18:00:52 EDT 2014

Since so many of us are using or planning on using MK-101s either air or oil compensated, it would be nice if we could move towards a standard connector.  These thrusters are 36v with max current of 46 amps.  The lower unit comes with two 10 AWG wires.

It would be nice if the connector was a male bulk head connector with two power pins and one alignment pin.

Could go with an off the shelf connector like an impulse HDBH-2-MP but these are expensive as rated for depth.  In our case since we are pressure compensating this is overkill.

For those of you that have MK-101 or MK-80 thrusters, what type of connectors are you using?

Like Vance, I am planning to have a spare that could be swapped out in the field.

Cliff