[PSUBS-MAILIST] Old submarine

Gregory Cotton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 6 12:34:49 EDT 2014

That is Doug's boat, pained an ugly blue.

I did ping the seller about what was included, knowing the answers. It's
missing the Scuba tanks, batteries and, most importantly the 13,000 lbs of
lead ballast that it needs to submerge. I'm curious as to what these guys
tell me, probably BS.

I did several of the dives with Doug and it was a fun but very limited
boat, as expected. It should be in a museum after sanding off all that ugly
blue paint and re-coating with clear. It would take another $15,000 to get
it to work, mostly in lead.

Doug just borrowed the lead that he'd accumulated for the Sailboat, we'll
be pouring that into the keels this summer.

Regards,

Greg

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM, via Personal_Submersibles <